August is starting off, and you may have remembered the Windows 8 GA announcement. If you missed it then I shoot you a quick reminder with Windows 8 availability dates.
First of all, after going through intensive development and testing cycle, Microsoft has reached the RTM milestone of Windows 8 and marked build 9200 as final build that will hit store shelves on October 26th.
As Microsoft’s tradition, the company is providing early access to Windows 8 RTM through various channels and here is the list:
- August 15th: Developers will be able to download the final version of Windows 8 via your MSDN subscriptions.
- August 15th: IT professionals testing Windows 8 in organizations will be able to access the final version of Windows 8 through your TechNet subscriptions.
- August 16th: Customers with existing Microsoft Software Assurance for Windows will be able to download Windows 8 Enterprise edition through the Volume License Service Center (VLSC), allowing you to test, pilot and begin adopting Windows 8 Enterprise within your organization.
- August 16th: Microsoft Partner Network members will have access to Windows 8.
- August 20th: Microsoft Action Pack Providers (MAPS) receive access to Windows 8.
- September 1st: Volume License customers without Software Assurance will be able to purchase Windows 8 through Microsoft Volume License Resellers.
Meanwhile the company have already started handing off the final bits to their OEM partners. So that they can start making new Windows 8 PCs that will be available along with the Windows 8 GA.
As a reminder for existing Windows users, Microsoft is already running Windows 8 Pro upgrade offer for just $39.99 that will last up to January 31st, 2013.
Source: Windows Team Blog